Mission and Vision
St. Andrew’s recognizes the importance of preparing students to meet the challenging demands of our ever-changing world. As a community of learners, we strive to unlock the full potential of each individual, developing confident and independent lifelong learners. In doing so, St. Andrew’s is completely invested in creating an atmosphere that gives students the tools to learn and focuses upon each student's learning style.
The Mission of St. Andrew’s School is to reach out to those students with learning differences whose needs have not been met in public or private schools. Our student-oriented teachers are committed to identifying individual learning strengths and teaching to them. Since 1893, St. Andrew’s has embraced social and economic diversity, offering a generous, need-based financial aid program. In a nurturing community, we emphasize moral and ethical values guided by our Episcopal heritage in preparation for each student’s purposeful engagement in the world.
After many discussions and careful consideration, St. Andrew's adopted guiding principles as a way of pinpointing the overall vision of the School. Listed below are key points that reflect the core values of our community, and major components in fulfilling A St. Andrew's Education.
- We believe in and practice the concept of “students first” and strive to ensure that all our decisions—academic, fiscal, and philosophical—emanate from this conviction.
- We are committed to a curriculum that prepares young men and women for life and ensures that all who seek access to higher education will be sufficiently prepared.
- We value a community as diverse as the world in which we live and therefore accept students based solely on their capacity to learn, grow, and flourish because of our approach to education.
- We pledge to offer sufficient financial aid to fulfill our mission.
- We uphold the conviction that our students learn best in a small, intimate environment that allows for personal attention and ongoing interaction with faculty.
- We seek to create a campus-wide environment that fosters growth in all its dimensions—intellectual, emotional, physical, and spiritual—and promotes learning in the classroom and beyond.
- We embrace the arts, athletics, and community service as essential elements of A St. Andrew’s Education.
- We strive to enhance the spiritual, moral, and ethical development of our students by offering courses, programs, and activities that nourish not just the head, but the heart and soul.
- We recognize the importance of recruiting and retaining the very best faculty and staff, and we work diligently toward that end.