Home

Facilities and Grounds

The facilities at St. Andrew’s enhances our Mission to provide small classes and individualized education for every one of our students. While the campus sits on more than 85 acres of picturesque land in Barrington, RI, the buildings and the campus are designed purposely to reflect our desire to meet each student’s needs and to give them a sense of purpose in a park like setting. As a result the main campus is arranged around the Buckley-Henius Quadrangle which was designed by Frederic Law Olmstead, the renowned landscape architect who designed Central Park in New York City. With beautiful grounds and countless windows the park is brought inside providing a serene and calm environment in which to learn.

The recent modernization and expansion of our facilities has directly resulted from an increased school commitment and substantial capital campaigns. The School has built new facilities such as the David Brown Science Center (2000) the George Sage Gymnasium (2000), the McCulloch Center for the Arts (2005), the Adams Student Service facility (1998) and the Lower School in Hardy Hall (2008). Additionally significant renovations have been made in other facilities including the Karl P. Jones Gymnasium and attached Fitness Center, Gardiner Hall (Dining Facility), Clark Hall, Peck Hall, Chapin Chapel, the Middle School in Hardy Hall, the Learning Services wing and Rooke Library in Owing Stone Hall, and the administration building, McVickar Hall which includes the Admissions, Development, and Head Master's office. Currently, Gardinar Dining Hall is undergoing renovations and additions to the facility and should be completed by September 2011. Plans are also underway to add more rooms to our residential halls. In addition, the School owns several homes on or adjacent to the property that houses faculty members who in addition to teaching, support the Boarding Program.

Our students are fortunate to have athletic facilities for nearly year round use. These include two gymnasiums (Sage and Jones) totaling 29,000 square feet, a state of the art Fitness Center, and four tennis courts that have outdoor lights. Bordered by woodlands the School also has three athletic fields, an adventure ropes course and a playground for the Lower and Middle School.

There are four residence halls that support the boarding program for the Upper School, including Bill’s House, Cady House, Perry Hall, and Coleman House. Each building is designed intentionally to provide a comfortable, non-institutional environment for our students. We want them to feel at home!

In 2008, St.Andrew’s adopted a Campus Master Plan that takes the best of St. Andrew’s School and incorporates those into an exciting plan for the future. The plan determines an orderly progression for expansion and further renovation of facilities, as well as maintaining and preserving our green space, and continuing to emphasize our park-like setting.

 


   James M. Meehan
   Chief Financial Officer
   Ph: 401.246.1230 Ext. 3022
     jmeehan@standrews-ri.org

   Alan Nunes
   Director of Facilities
   Ph: 401.246.1230 Ext. 3056
   Cell: 401.316.0033
     anunes@standrews-ri.org

St. Andrew's School Rhode Island   63 Federal Road, Barrington, RI 02806
Tel: 401.246.1230 Fax: 401.246.0510 Email: webmaster@standrews-ri.org