Requirement for International Students
International students find a “home away from home” at St. Andrew’s School. Our warm, inclusive and diverse community provides students the opportunity to engage purposefully in all aspects of school life. In addition to working closely with their academic advisors and English teacher, international students with a TOEFL score lower than 90 receive additional language support in one of three levels of ESL (ESL I, II, III).
Enrolled students with a TOEFL score of 60 - 70 will be placed in ESL I
Enrolled students with a TOEFL score of 70 - 80 will be placed in ESL II
Enrolled students with a TOEFL score of 80- 89 will be placed in ESL III
In addition to our academic offerings, St. Andrew’s offers ample opportunities for international students to explore our arts and athletic offerings.
For more information about our international student program, please contact the office of admission at 401-246-1230 or fill out our inquiry form.
To apply to St. Andrew's School,
International Students must submit the following:
• An Application and Parent Questionnaire (with translation help, if needed);
• A Student Questionnaire completed by the candidate in English and in his/her own handwriting;
• Three Teacher Recommendations (with translation help, if needed);
• An original Transcript of grades over the past three years (translated into English);
• The results from a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL or TOEFL Jr.)
• An on campus interview, however if this is impossible to arrange, we will be happy to schedule a Skype interview
• If the student enrolls, the family must designate a U.S. based guardian to handle any issues that would normally be handled by parents.