Bussing and Carpooling Info
The following Region III cities/towns are participating in the statewide school bus transportation system next year:
• Central Falls
• North Providence
• All East Providence residents must contact the East Providence School Department at (401) 431-4632.
• All Lincoln residents must contact the Lincoln School Department at (401) 721-3300, x209.
The historic transportation regions are still in place, which means that transportation will only be provided within regional boundaries listed above. If your town is part of Region III your child is eligible to receive busing to and from campus. Region III towns, except for East Providence, Lincoln, participate in the statewide transportation program. In the statewide transportation system, all students must request transportation using the on-line process. Parents must register each individual student, each year, at the following statewide transportation system Web site. Use the following link below to register with the statewide program:
Parents, who have problems with the Web site or do not have access to a computer, can call the Statewide Office at 401-222-5024. The deadline for transportation requests is July 31, 2014. Transportation request forms submitted on/after August 1, 2014 will receive the closest point of pick up or a depot stop location for a temporary bus stop. September 15, 2014 will be the earliest a
• Bus route and stop time information will be mailed mid-August
• Pre-Kindergarten students are not eligible for transportation
• Parents from districts who are new to the statewide system (Providence and Pawtucket) will receive a letter with information about the system shortly after their request is submitted.
• In an effort to be as efficient as possible with the routing, bus stops, which are used infrequently, less than once a week, will be deactivated and the student will be assigned to the nearest active bus stop.
Students who are not registered will not be permitted on the school busses.
If you live in an area that is not participating in the above bussing program, please contact Nicole Kowalsick for a list of families in your area who may wish to form a carpool.