We are in the process of building the St. Andrew’s Digital Museum!
The purpose of our museum is to safeguard the history and heritage of our school. The viewing of each artifact is not only an educational opportunity but also launching point for discussion around social change. Interpreting history is a complicated task. As a school that values problem solving, inquiry and discourse we have included discussion questions below the description of each artifact.
Discussion Questions to use when thinking about re-telling history:
- Are some artifacts less open to interpretation than others?
- What role does personal experience play in the retelling of history?
- What are the dangers of equating personal experience and knowledge?
- To what extent does emotion play a role in historical interpretation?
- Is historical objectivity possible?
- To what extent does historical knowledge change over time?