The Head Girls’ Prep Basketball Coach is responsible for all aspects of the NEPSAC Class A girls’ basketball program including, but not limited to, recruitment, scheduling of games and team activities (in conjunction with the Athletic Director), skill & strength training and conditioning, and academic mentorship. This is a part-time position. Accountability:
The head coach reports to Michael Hart, Director of Athletics, who provides overall objectives and final evaluation in conjunction with the Head of School. Qualifications
: Bachelor’s degree required. A strong commitment to the student-athlete concept and a working knowledge of NEPSAC rules and regulations is required. Three to five years of coaching experience at the high school or college level is preferred. Strong leadership, communication, coaching and recruiting skills are required. All interested candidates should also have a working knowledge of the college recruitment process and be able and willing to support our student-athletes and their goals of playing at the next level. Essential Functions
: The Head Girls’ Prep Basketball Coach will direct every aspect of this basketball athletic program. That direction will include at least the following:
• Maintain a competitive roster of student-athletes who are committed to the development of themselves and the team, and who fully understand the mission and purpose of St. Andrew’s School.
• Direct the strength, conditioning, and skill training of the student-athletes in the program. This includes the fall and spring seasons as well (in accordance with NEPSAC rules);
• Plan and coordinate effective team practices in preparation for the program’s competitions;
• Communicate routinely, both in writing and verbally, with families regarding team and player expectations;
• Plan all team travel, including being able to drive an activity bus to all away contests and coordinating with the residential life support team and dining hall staff about team needs;
• Manage all equipment assigned to the program;
• Effectively manage coaching and support staff;
• Represent St. Andrew’s School and the Girls’ Prep Basketball program in a professional manner consistent with the mission of St. Andrew’s School. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
• Ability to recruit, inspire, mentor, coach and teach highly talented student-athletes.
• Ability to adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations of the School and NEPSAC.
• Ability to hire and supervise qualified assistants and student workers.
• Ability to market and promote St. Andrew’s School and the Girls’ Prep Basketball program.
• A proven record in following directives and taking responsibility for tasks which have been assigned.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as needed.
• Ability to attend seminars, meetings and other professional development opportunities at or away from St. Andrew’s School.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff, and parents.
• Ability to communicate effectively – orally, by phone, in person, and in writing.
• Ability to represent the department and School in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner. Process
• If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Michael Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org.