gtag('config', 'UA-20597432-1');

Rhode Island’s perspective and possibility widening boarding and day school, grades 6-12 and postgraduate.

About Us

Facilities and Grounds

List of 17 items.

  • Chapin Chapel

    Chapin Chapel, located at the eastern end of the Quad, incorporates the original 19th-century schoolhouse where the School’s founder, Father William Merrick Chapin, gathered St Andrew’s students to study.
  • The David Brown Science Center

    The Brown Science Center (2000) boasts four state-of-the-art laboratory classrooms. Large, bright rooms welcome students for lectures and labwork. The College Counseling Office is also located here.
  • The McCulloch Center for the Arts

    The McCulloch Center for the Arts (2005) anchors the southwest corner of the Quad and welcomes students with three light-filled art studios, a ceramics studio, a music classroom, two practice rooms, a black box theater, and the Griffiths Art Gallery. 

    It is also home to the 280-seat Keats Theatre, a first-class performance space that recently received new light and sound equipment throughout. The Ross Board Room, Technology Department, computer lab, and Theatre Tech Workshop are located on the center's ground level.
  • Owing Stone Academic Center

    The Owing Stone Academic Center (1987) is the hub of academic life on campus, housing all humanities and math department classrooms as well as the Learning Services wing and Rooke Library. 

    With a more than 12,000-volume collection of books, periodicals, videos, reference materials, and ebooks, the Rooke Library is also a beautiful space to study, work, or just read a good book. It is equipped with 14 computers with high-speed wifi Internet connections, as well as additional connectivity drops for students with their own laptops. Two meeting rooms and a sitting area that overlooks a garden with bird feeders make this a popular spot on campus.
  • The Adams Student Service Facility

    Connected to the Gardiner Dining Hall, Adams Hall (1998) is home to the School counselor, the School nurse, the dean of students' office, and multiple world language and ESL classrooms.
  • The Middle School in Hardy Hall

    Located in the center of campus, Hardy Hall (1900) underwent a full renovation and expansion in 2007. It is the current home of the Middle School classrooms, computer lab, and science lab space.
  • Clark Hall

    Located at the head of the Quad and topped by a picturesque bell tower, Bishop Clark Hall (1898) provides a welcoming space for students to relax in the Student Center. Students can play pool or ping pong, or visit the School store.
  • The George Sage Gymnasium

    Our students are fortunate to have athletic facilities for nearly year-round use. George Sage Gym is home to our championship basketball teams. The building has multiple locker rooms and an office for the School's athletic director.
  • The Karl P. Jones Gymnasium

    The Karl P. Jones Gymnasium is home to our state-of-the-art Conklin Fitness Center, CJ’s Dance Studio, and Raffa basketball court.
  • Peck Hall

    Peck Hall (1946), a single-story building adjacent to McVickar Hall, is home to the School’s business office and student banking center.
  • McVickar Hall

    McVickar Hall (1913) is one of the earliest buildings on campus. This tudor-style hall sits prominently overlooking the main entrance to campus and houses the main office, headmaster's office, and the Admission and Development offices.
  • The Rectory

    Located on Federal Road, the Rectory (1787) has traditionally been home to the School’s headmaster and family.
  • Bill's House

    Fully renovated and expanded in 2014, Bill’s House (1972) is home to 40 boys and includes three faculty residences. Airy common rooms, study spaces, laundry facilities, and a full kitchen make this dorm feel like home.
  • Coleman House

    Coleman House (1900) is a home-like setting for 9th grade male boarding students and two faculty families. This historic house is located near the eastern entrance to the main campus.
  • Gardiner Hall

    Gardiner Hall (1925), bordering the north side of the Quad, offers students, staff and faculty families a welcoming dining hall. A recent renovation and expansion in 2013 allows for seating for up to 200 visitors. A terrace dining area and a private Headmaster's Dining Room were also added on the ground floor.
  • Margot's House

    Margot’s House (1970) underwent renovation and expansion in 2013 and is now a beautiful residence for 30 girls and three faculty families.
  • Perry Hall

    Centrally located on the Quad, Perry Hall (1927) is a small residence for male boarding students and two faculty members. In 2015, Perry received new carpeting and furniture upgrades.
Rhode Island’s perspective and possibility widening boarding and day school, grades 6-12 and postgraduate